Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BBQ

I had a bbq with some old college roommates as a farewell to a friend and her husband before they move out of state. I find any excuse I can to design and decorate. Who says you can only decorate for weddings and birthdays? I wanted to create something that was simple, not time consuming and could be done by anyone. A great party can still be done on limited time and expenses.

I was inspired by Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane - Porch Swing collection and went from there. I made generic labels for the drinks and an invitation that can be used for any occasion. The pinwheels were made by adhering the fabric to coordinating cardstock with spray adhesive. I wanted to use the fabric anywhere I could and thought they were perfect for pinwheels. I quickly made some felt flowers to go on each place setting, put some labels on the drinks and it was done.

The dessert was delicious and was so simple. I layered a cookie, hot fudge and ice cream in cupcake wrappers. Every body loved them and they were so easy. I'll post the recipe soon.

Enjoy hosting your own party for any occasion and celebration with these fun decorations!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Everything turned out so cute! I never would have thought to do that with the fabric on the pinwheels. Such a good idea. I've been wanting to try that cookie idea since you told me about it... darn diet!

Muffin said...

This is absolutely wonderful! You are so talented! Love it all!

I still want to get together some time in late September.....Do you have any blogger friends that you would like to invite as well?